About Me

Greeting strangers! If you are reading this right now you most likely fall into one of these categories: family, friends, teachers, or fellow Juniata College students. If you are not one of the above by whatever misfortune or luck you have stumbled upon a college's student study abroad experience in China. Please stay and enjoy. My name is Jasun. Now to interject two disclaimers. One, this is my blog and I will speak my mind and sometimes, unfortunately, this may cross your comfort's threshold - and for that I apologize. Two, as much as this blog belongs to me, I am writing for you. As such, if there are any questions (I mean any) that pop into your head that you want answered just send me an email at Moyjf08@juniata.edu and I'll answer it on this blog. One more thing. I can't seem to upload pictures here. So I will most likely be uploading pictures on my facebook account. If you are interested in seeing these pictures and are not a facebook friend by all means add me - just leave message saying something of the sort that you follow this blog if I do not know you. Best wishes throughout the year, and I hope together we make it a fun, educational, and safe year.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

The "Final" Post

So because of my horrible blogging record and the fact that my blog is still stuck in Myanmar and I haven't even really blogged at all about this semester I figured I deserve to at least give you something about my present situation. I call this the "Final Post" - because theoretically it should be - I sit in Seoul, South Korea during my layoff waiting for my plane to take me back to the land of free and the home of the brave. But yet, there's still so much to tell and realize that this probably won't be the last post, for better or worse.

It's weird to think that it'e been a year already, god I remember the day I wrote my first post in this same exact airport all full of excitement. And now I'm here again writing some of my finals thoughts of my journey to China. I'm sure I speak for everyone like me when I say that part of me is ready to come home and part of me just wants to stay. But besides that conflicting feeling, I don't think I'm feeling anything else. I don't know. Maybe I don't really realize I'm coming home. This is just another flight. It's still all too surreal.

Man, this is tough to write even. I don't know what to say. I could go on about all those questions that people like to ask; like, how different will returning be, etc. But I don't know. I'm in a very carefree state and going to just go my motto that I've been developing and just go with the flow and take what ever comes for better or worse. More on that in my trip to Myanmar, but that's a different post for a different day haha. I promise that this blog will all be complete before I graduate haha. I'll do my best this summer, I shouldn't be doing that much.

I guess this is where I'll say, see you all state side! bai bai!

No comments:

Post a Comment