About Me

Greeting strangers! If you are reading this right now you most likely fall into one of these categories: family, friends, teachers, or fellow Juniata College students. If you are not one of the above by whatever misfortune or luck you have stumbled upon a college's student study abroad experience in China. Please stay and enjoy. My name is Jasun. Now to interject two disclaimers. One, this is my blog and I will speak my mind and sometimes, unfortunately, this may cross your comfort's threshold - and for that I apologize. Two, as much as this blog belongs to me, I am writing for you. As such, if there are any questions (I mean any) that pop into your head that you want answered just send me an email at Moyjf08@juniata.edu and I'll answer it on this blog. One more thing. I can't seem to upload pictures here. So I will most likely be uploading pictures on my facebook account. If you are interested in seeing these pictures and are not a facebook friend by all means add me - just leave message saying something of the sort that you follow this blog if I do not know you. Best wishes throughout the year, and I hope together we make it a fun, educational, and safe year.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Black Wednesday

22 December 2010,

Today we suffered the worst loss thus far. We lost three companions today to the American-istis disease. We lost one a week ago and another yesterday. Making our death toll five. We have another in the sick bay. I doubt he'll make it through, he'll probably be a goner by tomorrow. Leaving our home land with ten fellow adventurers, today we're down to half. I wonder how the rest of our expedition will go. We received word that reinforcements are coming, but they won't arrive for a fortnight's fortnight so we'll have to make do without.

Without our musician and our drunk it has been quiet camp. The eerie silence before the climax. On top of that, to keep our mind's off our losses we've devoted ourselves to our remaining work; which has isolated ourselves from each other.

It seems a fellow Kensei is convening a Samurai Council Meeting. I must take my ado.
Daimyo 梅




On a more serious note, it was really sad saying good bye to a few friends. Like the above section mentioned, it has gotten really quite. Everyone who is left has been buckling down preparing for their finals or writing their final papers or both. Today there was definitely a different atmosphere. For half the day it felt like I was the one going home. I just had that air of excitement, like you're about to do something new - similar to the experience of the drive from the airport in Dalian to our dorms. I wonder if that's what it'll feel like when it happens for real. Eventually it'll just be me, because everyone else is going back to the US and I've opted to stay in China over break. It's late, I'm tired, good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment